Sunday, April 25, 2010

new things....
















I have had lots of fun this week. A new yarn shiopment with some different fibers and weights. A chance to play afround with more colors. I have been experimenting alot with the depth of colors available and have been surprised with some of my results. All in a good way.
My husband has spent alot of time getting my logo done and buisness cards printed for me and we are hoping to get labels for the yarns done this week. He has been amazing through all of this. Even when I get unsure of weather or not I can make it.
I have been checking out places to sell my yarns along with my etsy store. I am looking into a booth at the Oakland Fiber festival but am unsure, the cost seems quite prohibitive for someone just starting out and I am not sure I can fill a booth the size they have laid out. I will also need a table and a gazebo thing and am not sure I want to outlay that much for something I may never do again. when I started this journey I had decided that I did not want to do craft fairs , as been there done that with other things in the past and have had little or no luck at them. However the fiber industry is much different and it seems to all be about the indie dyers. If I could do this it would give me alot of exposure and I would be able to get my name out there. On the other hand it may back fire horribly and I may make nothing and fail miserably, ( my worst fears). So I will continue to ponder and hopefully talk to him a little more about it when he returns from Europe. He does after all hold the purse strings in all of this

No comments:

Post a Comment